Parents of under 18 year old students planning to study in Australia may wish to nominate distant relatives or close family friends for their child to live with whilst studying.
- Accommodation and living arrangements must meet both Auzzie Families Homestay standards and the education providers standards.
- Parents must complete a Parent Nomination for Homestay form. Please allow 6 weeks for processing.
- Education Provider will issue a Confirmation of Appropriate Accommodation and Welfare (CAAW) for your child’s visa.
- The person nominated to provide accommodation and all family members aged over 18 years living in the home must complete a Working with Children Check.
- Auzzie Families will approve the arrangements once the nominated homestay meets all requirements.
- The nominated homestay parent becomes carer for the student.
- An annual screening fee applies.
- Placement fees are non-refundable once the screening process begins or should the nominated homestay be rejected.
- Any refund of unused prepaid placement fee will incur a service fee of $130.